Saturday 16 October 2010

The Segmentum Tempestus: Your handy travel map


Here's a little something I've been working on for a while now, a comprehensive map of the Segmentum Tempestus. I make no claims to it being 100% accurate, such statements are rash in the face of constant GW retcons, creative errors and or omissions.

I have added my own Draco Sector and the neighboring Vulturnus Gulf, the Space Hulk Death of Integrity may or may not have been located in the Tempestus but I wanted to keep it closer to home. Krieg has been nudged into the Uhulis Sector because I felt it's importance demanded a recognised sector and its location was within spitting distance. Finally as I explained in my Draco Sector post, my dating system is a little historical and therefore the map is set in the 400's of M41, pre Hive Fleet Leviathan; some worlds have been lost or destroyed since.

But apart from that, the other planets, sectors and celestial phenomena are fairly accurate, gathered together over the years from various sources I consider cannon, be they rule books, novels or maps. I plot them as and when I stumble across them, so the map is still very much a work in  progress. I'd be happy to hear from anyone who spots any glaring errors, if you can point me in the direction of the info I'll gladly update the map; as with all my work its a fun endeavor I'm not vying to be the Galileo of the 40k verse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment