Monday 30 April 2012

Postcards from the Edge

First up I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who took part in my latest eBay Auction, bidding was brisk and pretty much everything on the ledgers found a buyer. I had a bit of an unfortunate snag in my usual prompt dispatch times on some of the items, but thanks to the good nature and understanding that seems to pervade the Hobby; all those affected tolerated the delay with good grace.

There may or may not be another auction soon (yes I still keep finding stuff, gives you an idea just how untidy the Forge was) as the Royal Mail has seen fit to raise its considerable fees on postal rates to possibly crippling levels; I'll let you know.

In the meantime, my hobby coffers are looking a little healthier, although I couldn't help bidding on few gems whilst waiting for my listings to end; bagging myself a 2004 Army Box Space Marine Veteran Sergeant and a 1991Games Day Space Marine Captain amongst others.

The Games Day Captain (once he arrives from across the pond) will mark the return of an old friend, I actually owned the miniature back in '91, although as I recall I picked it up at the opening of the Luton Games Workshop; but my memories getting a little unreliable these days and I could be mistaken, I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid either...

My trials and tribulations continue at work and as such modelling and painting progress has been negligible. I did manage to dust off an old GW Chapel of Sanctuary, making a couple of alterations and personalising it with the addition of some extra colour (picture post to follow).

Also the clearing and refurb of the Forge is almost complete, having just constructed and installed a couple of glass display cabinets (cunningly purchased and smuggled into the house with an IKEA order for bedroom furniture). So hopefully you'll soon be able to witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational Man Cave!

Thanks, that is all.

1 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Looking forward to Man Cave pictures my friend!

Post a Comment